Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mo's Challenge Blog "GIRLS Birthday" Challenge #235

Well a new challenge has rolled around at Mo's Challenge Blog and it seems like FOREVER since the last one!! But maybe that has been because I've been holding onto this card for quite a while.. See I'll share a secret with you.. SHHHHHHHH, don't tell anyone!!!  Last month, on what WAS to be my VERY FIRST card to post on my extended Guest Position... I kinda stuffed up and did the wrong theme!. I was so excited by my card, and shared it with my fellow DT members, to be politely told.. Um.. Amanda!! It's a beautiful card!! But this Birthday theme is for BOYS!!.. Next month is for Girls!!.. So I banged my head into the wall a few times, was shown once again how to find the current themes so this mistake never happens again! put this beautiful card aside for next month... and put my feet up for that fortnight challenge!! LOL.. So I've been patiently waiting *insert pacing the floor like a crazing person because I have no patience* for this theme to come around so I could share this card with you all... And now it HERE!!!!! *dramatic big glassy eyes looking into the distance* Teeheee.. I crack me up!!

So back to the card!

This week theme is GIRLS Birthday, and I instantly knew what I wanted to do. Something PINK and Chocolaty and CUPCAKEY, with FAIRIES and FEATHERS.... and CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!
CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!
CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!CUPCAKES!!!.....did I mention Cupcakes! :)

So this is a culmination of all of those things. :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

 This GORGEOUS little Cupcake carrying Fairy is called "Birthday Fairy Lee" and is available HERE!!
 And this lucky recipient of all these SCRUMPTIOUS Cupcakes is her Sweetness "Birthday Fairy Dee" who is also available as a digital download for purchase from Mo's Digital Pencil HERE!!
I was so glad to colour this image as it allowed me to practice not only my African American skin tones with my Copics, but also attempt my very first Afro hairdo using the techniques I am learning through my wonderful online Skin and Hair class through Kit And Clowder.  I must say, I'm very pleased with the result!
 I wanted to achieve dimension in my card and foam dots just would not cut it!! So I got out the SILICON!! LOL.. As a person who does a bit of Paper-tole (a 3D paper art form) you cannot go past good ole Silicon to create layering in your cards that no amount of sticky dots will ever be able to achieve.. Only down side...this card is considerably heavier then it looks.. but I may have gone a tad overboard with the silicon... but hey. I was crafting under the influence of pain killers!!! LOL...

The layered cupcakes in the background have been fussy cut from scrapbooking paper I had... It almost seems a shame to cut it up! but I needed them!!! :)
The sentiment is of my own creation and I actually came up with the sentiment first and built the cards whole idea around it! It came about through my sisters saying that "Cake has no calories on your birthday". I used to think that was hilarious! But the image of a fairy repeatedly running back and forth to bring more and more and more cake.. a never ending supply of birthday cake... because it has NO CALORIES right!!!! just made me giggle... and so at the time, as I was actually making this card for my sister I thought she would love it... Turned out I gave her another card in the end. But I think it should apply to everyone... You can NEVER have too much cake on your Birthday!!! LOL

Card Recipe:

Digital Stamps From Mo's Digital Pencil
Copics:
Sorry guys.. In my Drug HAZE I failed to write down what I used to colour these little cuties!! :(
Spellbinders Dies: 
Papers: 
Brown card stock and Brown with Pink spots from ArtWorx
Cupcake Card stock From Lincraft.  (sorry, threw out wrapper, don't know brand)
Pink Feathers from local $2 shop. 
Selley Silicon Glue from Bunnings Warehouse.
And the AMAZING TEACHINGS of Alyce Keegan From Kit and Clowder whom without I would probably STILL be throwing my Copics in fits of rage every time I attempt to use them. I cannot recommend her online classes highly enough!!

So I hope you've enjoyed my card. Thanks for popping by!!  I cannot WAIT to see your beautiful Birthday GIRL... yes.. GIRL!!! its a GIRL CARD.. don't make my mistake.. LOL.. you have been prewarned.. LOL cards over the coming fortnight. 

Happy Crafting:)
Xo





1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, I love this card so much. Great coloring and the sentiment is perfect with the images.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO!!! *waves enthusiastically* Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I really appreciate it, and read each and everyone of them.. It is what gets me out of bed in the mornings!! I swear!!! :0) Feel free to leave me questions if you have any and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible!! :) Xo