Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Christmas Countdown Calendar Easel Card!!

Yes yes yes!! I know I know... CHRISTMAS!!! you say... well I like to get a head start on these things! LOL and I had an absolutely Scrum-Dili-Umptious Christmas Fairy called Holly!! stamp designed by the talented Mo Manning, which you can from Mo's Digital Pencil as a digi HERE!!!! OR purchase as a Cling rubber stamp by Penny Back from HERE!!! .

So This is my FIRST Easel card and of COURSE I didn't opt for a standard one, but thought I'd go weird and whacky and combine a circular top with a square bottom, however as I wanted the bottom layers papers to be cut into four triangles that fit together like a patch work quilt, I wanted the circular top to be mounted on one of these triangles so when it was laid flat it looked like a solid piece. But when sitting up, all that came up was ONE triangle piece and the circle.. Well I set myself a difficult challenge!! that really pressed the old nogging to the max.. but with printer paper and lots of fudging around I got it to work.

The idea behind this card is that it forms a Christmas Countdown Calendar! Each December when I set up the decoration for the house, this card will also come out, and as the days pass in December my son and I will be able to cross off the days of December till Christmas. I have stuck the calendar on with brads so that each year the calendar can be replaced with the new year that I print out.
Included with the calendar is a Christmas Wish List gift tag in which my son can write his Christmas wishes on for 'Santa' to find. :)

The Poinsettia's on the card are my own creations made from using the leaves of the Spellbinders "Bitty Blossom" die set to make the flowers. I will put together a tutorial later on for anyone interested in learning how to make these beautiful flowers. I think they turned out really well!

The Christmas Fairy Holly has been painted in Distressed Reinkers.

This card is being entered in the Bella and Bronte Clubhouse April Showcase "Challenge".

Thanks for taking a peak today!!

Xo

Amanda







2 comments:

  1. I love your card. It is amazing. I would love to see a tutorial on the flowers and the card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, I hope you get this. There is actually a tutorial already done for the flowers. You have just reminded me to link it to this blog!! I'm glad you have liked it! :)
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Amanda

      Delete

HELLO!!! *waves enthusiastically* Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I really appreciate it, and read each and everyone of them.. It is what gets me out of bed in the mornings!! I swear!!! :0) Feel free to leave me questions if you have any and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible!! :) Xo