Sunday, September 7, 2014

To My Most Beautiful Dad On Fathers Day!!!

Here In OZ (Australia) we celebrate Father Day today, and so I'd like to dedicate this post to the most Beautiful, Bestest, Funniest Daddy In The WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! My Daddy!!!!
Werner!!!
PRIVATE PHOTO'S REMOVED DUE TO IDENTITY THEFT
 
His cheeky, humorous, childlike nature... this man is NEVER going to stop mucking around, and is definitely who taught me that life's to short to be serious!

So to my gorgeous dad.. I LOVE YOU HEAPS!!! and wish you the BESTEST FATHERS DAY IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!.... 

Now onto the card.. cause OF COURSE I made my Daddy a card.. Seeing this is my first year of card making, because I only started card marking and stamping/papercraft in February, this will be his first ever handmade card from me... well, since I was a kid.. and I hope he appreciates how much better I am at them since then!! Teehee!! 
 
The image used is by Mo Manning and is produced as a rubber stamp by Penny Black and is called "To Daddy" and is available for purchase as a rubber HERE!! or as a digital from Mo directly, my preferred choice of purchased now!! you can get her HERE!! I have had the this stamp stashed away since February. It was in the bunch as one of the VERY FIRST STAMPS I EVER BOUGHT!! So very special LOL.. and was the start of my MO ADDICTION!! a very serious disease I tell you.. Thank goodness I found a cure...by Guesting for her as a Design Team Member!! LOL.. 
The heart were all done using heart punches of different sizes, then distressed around the edges with Tea rose distressed ink and a sponge finger dauber. I then elevated them off the page using foam squares and doubling them up to get more height. 
The inside was kept very simple, with a basic "I Love You" background, but coordinated with the front by using the same hearts and matting paper... Please excuse the purple square, wanted to keep my message to my Daddy private!! :)
and finally... It wouldn't be a homemade card without a error somewhere.. Mine just happened to be a BIG ONE!! um yep.. I wrote.. "Happy Father Dad"!!! instead of "Happy Fathers Day" and in my exhaustion, I didn't see it, at all... My son actually picked it up the next day when he read the card. LOL... look I could have fussed and stressed and changed it, and if it was for a commission card, and someone elses or for sale or COURSE... but this is for my GOOFY DAD!! he'll get a kick out of my stuff up. :) he always say "If it's TOO perfect, people won't know it's handmade"... well... I think they'll be able to tell with this stuff up. :/ 

Anyhoo.. That my card for for Father day!! I hope you like it. I know my dad will. 

Card Ingredients!
Image in Rubber "To Daddy" - Penny Black
Image in Digital "Love You Daddy" from Mo's Digital Pencil
Copics used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, E04, R20
Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14
Girls Top: BG78, BG, 49, BG13, B000
Girls Skirt: R89, R85, R83, R81
Girls Socks: C5, C3, C1, C0 BLENDER
Girls Shoes:C9, C7, C5, C3
Flowers:R28, R27, R08
Mans Pants: E59, E57, E55, E53, E50
Mans Jumper: B97, B95, B93, B91
Mans Shoes: C5, C3 C1, C0, B97, B95, B93, B91
Ground: W7, W5, W3, W1, W0
Letter: W3, W1, W0, R08
Papers:
Maroon Cardstock from Artworx Geelong
Front Patchwork Papers and Hearts from Bo Bunny Press 2011 - Papercraft Magazine Freebie
Inside "I Love You" Background paper from First Editions Papers "J'adore" 12"x12" Premium Paper Pad - from Lincraft
Heart Punches from Lincraft

So thanks for popping by, and I hope no matter where you are in the world, you give your Daddies a GREAT BIG SMOOCHY KISS today.. cause they all deserve it!! :)
Xo

2 comments:

HELLO!!! *waves enthusiastically* Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I really appreciate it, and read each and everyone of them.. It is what gets me out of bed in the mornings!! I swear!!! :0) Feel free to leave me questions if you have any and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible!! :) Xo